Saturday 10 May 2014

Bintan 2013

Day 1

The gradients of the sea are just stunning.

Chooku being a tourist.

Justine & Jonathan :-)
Handsome boy 。◕‿◕。


First time trying out a tilt-shift lens with model Chooku :-)
The beautiful ladies that came with us on the trip - Shuen Lin & Angela


A picture to sum up our evening. It was super cool having a chill-music photo shoot on a roof top of an abandoned building 
Day 2

Woke up at 5 a.m. to shoot the sunrise.
That fainted pink is so luring.
Really happy with this framing and the vibrancy of the sun at the back :-)
My flower boy (^‿^✿)
Taken with another lens of Triston's that I borrowed.


Experimenting with new ways to use an external flash, hehe!


Tranquility
A fishing village built on stilts above waters - one house was drying krupuk!


The texture of the ocean gives me the chills.

This pictures tells a story.
During my "photo battle" with Jonathan, I managed to capture this genuine smile :-)
Hehe, Triston the pro!
From Chooku's eyes.
From my eyes, haha!


Reflections - lights

"Passion is your joy, it is the essence of who you are. You have to unwrap it and find it." - Jackie St. Onge


This trip was - amazing, inspiring, enriching, exhilarating, relaxing. All that I could ever want, and I have no regrets :-) It's a pity that so little of the SA photographers could make it because I know we would have had an awesome time! Nonetheless, I am still happy I could go on a short "holiday" with Chooku :-) Plus, we both enjoy photography and it was thoroughly inspiring and loving to see him being fully engrossed in the environment, expressing himself through the photos he took.

This was also the first time I had been to Bintan so I got to learn more about what the place was like. Just like Cambodia, it's almost pitch black at night so we could not do much after the sun set. However, we created our own fun :-) There was so many memories created during the trip but I'd like to keep them to myself, like my own little secret happiness.


All I will say is -
Passion
Friends
Life
Music
Fireworks
Understanding
Food
Simplicity