Saturday 20 September 2014

Post Prelims: Part ➁

Started the morning with a haircut at Bishan - worst decision to follow Chek to his $3.80 haircut! My hair is ruined, for the month or so. SIgh, but what's done is done I guess.

We then went to swim at Thomson 800! The sun was great because it warm and the pool was really cold. We had a good workout by swimming up and down a few times + working out our cores by carrying each other haha. After that we had an awesome warm sun tan under the hot sun :-) I've never just laid down and do nothing but tan myself, and it was a pleasant first experience!


Chek says he likes this picture because he looks slim in it, hehe.



So sad that Chek says my legs look like his (hair ones) :-( Fat legs for life, huh?



Those beautiful sun rays! It was really such good weather.



((Inserts bad quality selfies))


Chek's really into making (apparently) cool looking-into-the-distant poses. Well, at least he's happy that he looks good haha. 



Love this shot :-) The vivid blues turned out well!


Childhood swimming area - jumping on and climbing up the rocks, hehe.







Olympic Foo



Ahh, he's my cute koala bear :--)





hehe, probably the best photo of us of the day.


Our failed attempt at being Vogue. I'm totally not used to doing such poses because I look more like I'm really to murder someone.



Mr. Chek teaching me physics - though I do not really understand it, the ripples/waves he created were pretty!



(he cheated and sucked in his belly, hehehe)


We headed to the Jalan Besar area to check out the URA's Park(ing) Day exhibitions. I was really disappointed though :-( I imagined that there would be quite a crowd with many exhibitions/stalls in public car parks. I guess I was expecting too much (?)

Chek suggested the reason could be that the are we visited was further away from the URA, where possibly there was a greater crowd. Oh well, guess it was not fated!

So, we started our journey again in search for the parking lots in the CBD, nearer to the URA. However, we side tracked and explored the area instead hehe.



Hmm, I love this alley and its grey walls. The window with stark green plants on the inside really stood out! This is near the Lavender Food Square Centre. 


Hehe, Chek's artsy photo he wanted to take of me. I quite like it!




Model Foo in the house! I plucked up the courage to whip out my camera and ask him to pose for me despite the people standing around the bus stop. Good choice :-)



Chek brought me to Parkview Square, saying that I would like the place. Turns out I had already visited the building haha! But I had fun nonetheless :-)






I really like this composition of Abraham Lincoln with the clouds and the trees in the background.



The interior + exterior design really reminds us of The Great Gatsby and The Wolf of Wall Street. The resembles is crazy. (We are not suppose to take photos inside but Chek managed to get a shot before the security guard told us to stop hehe)


The colours are amazing, along with our fabulous model Foo.


Suntec City has changed quite a bit since I've been there! The whole front automatic glass doors have been removed in exchange for this digital screen system. I quite like the change though, especially the lighted escalators.


hehe, I really like this shot because of the blue, desaturated colours of the CBD. I also like the composition of the Esplanade (where we wanted to go but found out it was closed due to the F1) in between the two closer buildings.


Visited St. Andrew's Cathedral as it was on the way to our destination.




Beautiful coloured glass.





The clouds were really scary, and we thought it was going to pour. I love it when the sky splits into two, where its bright on one side and totally gloomy on the other. hehe, Sir Stamford Raffles is protecting the clear skies in this picture :-)






Pretty pinkish cumulonimbus clouds in the distance!



Chek's and my favourite Starbucks :-) The hospitality is really good and I like the ambiance of the outlet.


We managed to see real F1 cars racing for the first time ever! We were really impressed with how the government managed to block out every location to prevent non-payers from being able to view the race. Haha, guess we kind of found a spot they did not close up properly.

Overall, we felt that the F1 race was pretty cool - there was an adrenaline rush through our bodies as we approached the CBD are where the sounds of the race cars zooming pass were getting louder. However, other than that the whole event overflows with negative externalities - noise pollution, major inconvenience for drivers on the roads and pedestrians trying to get through the CBD area.

The above photos really prove that the day was incredibly fun! Hehe, exploring places with my main man is one of my favourite past times ^_^ It be really cool if we could travel together in places out fo Singapore. One day, I'll make it happen!

Hehe, we did not take photos of our dinner because we just stuffed our faces when we got our food. We had pasar malam food at Toa Payoh, something we had been planning since last week. We had Ramlee Burgers, Vada, Takoyaki and sweet drinks :-) So so satisfying despite our complaints of being overweight hehehe.

To end off the day, we meet Yingjie, my sister's boyfriend! It was pretty awkward at first because he is quite a shy guy, but it got quite fun when we started eating our Chinese desserts and talking :-) I hope my sister stays happy! ^_^